Download Complete Program ( MS Word Format / Adobe PDF )
Arts & Culture
The World Peace Forum 2006 will organize panels, workshops, public forums, arts and entertainment activities and networking events to offer all participants an open space for discussion and performance within the main theme of Cities and Communities: Working together to end war and build a peaceful, just and sustainable world.
The mission of the Forum is to create a global culture of peace. This is how we propose to implement our mission:
1. Publish a World Peace Forum statement, “Building a Culture of Peace and Sustainability,” for the global community, outlining what individuals, communities, cities, groups, and nations can do locally to create a culture of peace and sustainability.
2. Create an ongoing legacy of bi-annual World Peace Forums, in cities around the world, to refine, promote, and expand the culture of peace and sustainability.
3. Encourage communities and nations to plan for peace, for example, by inaugurating Departments of Peace at city, regional, and national levels of government.
4. Celebrate and protect diversity of culture locally and globally.
5. Make war abhorrent, peace popular, and the restoration and protection of our global ecosystems a priority.
The World Peace Forum 2006 program will follow these four guiding threads throughout the conference:
Economy of Peace
Social Justice and Peace
Environment and Peace
Culture and Peace
The final version of the program will be ready shortly. In the meantime, we would like to share a summary of what the World Peace Forum is preparing for June 2006.
We will be pleased to receive your comments. Please, contact us. Check our website regularly for updated information.